Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Girls

Brooklynn:
She is more responsible than me lately.  She is ALWAYS reminding me to buckle her in just as I am about to drive off somewhere.  I know it sounds bad but it is true.  Today I explained to her that I am so proud and so impressed with the wonderful example she is to her sister, and the great helper she is to me.  She then replied, "Mom, and I almost a human? When I get to be a human can I stay up all night !" Ha- I know she meant grown-up NOT human.  Cute girl.
She is so adventurous, capable and smart-- it blows my mind.  She quotes Disney movies non-stop. Loves to push herself, has an enormous sense of humor like her daddy and keeps us laughing non-stop.  I can't believe she is starting preschool this Fall.  We have a "meet the teacher" night at the end of August which only only boggles my mind with the question, "where did my BABY go!?!"

Alivia:

Well for starter, I combed Liv's hair for the first time after her bath the other night.  Yup, she is over 19 months old and I am pretty positive it was the very first time I ever bothered running a comb or brush through it.  I didn't even need to but it's finally getting the teeniest bit of length and the hair would at least move with the brush strokes :)  She is cuter, and sassier than I can explain in words.  Her most popular word these days is "sorry".  Her favorite thing to do these days is carry around baby dolls, teddy bears and diapers.  She is always saying, "awww poo poo- yuck!" as she proceeds to rip off a diaper from one of her toys, pretending to change it (wiping and all) and frantically begging the closest adult around (usually me) to put it back on, and then she repeats the same phrase and rips it off again.  It's a very consistent cycle of changing diapers over here!  She is trying so hard to keep up with her sister.  She is loving the summer and her exploring, learning, and playing has been non-stop.  She's a total water-baby just like her sister and now that they play together more things have been a lot of fun.





No comments: