Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 Weeks


I can't believe how fast time flies. All you mothers out there know exactly what I am talking about. Brooklynn is showing more and more of her personality each day and I LOVE it! I can't help but laugh when I prop her up in her swing so she can look around a little better, and 20 minutes will go by and she is still wide eyed looking around or staring right at me and I haven't noticed because the norm would be her dozzing off in five minutes for a 2 hour peaceful slumber. She has so much of the world to look at now and the facination in her eyes is priceless.

I've also tried the Bumbo out a few times and she was quite the bobble head up until this morning when we tried it again -so much progress over here I tell ya.

We had a doctors appointment yesterday for Brooklynn and myself. It was both our 6 week check ups and everything it looking great with both of us. It is something I thank Heavenly Father for everyday that she is so healthy and wonderful. She now weighs 11lbs 1oz, and is 58 cm's long. She has less hair though- hoping that will come back sooner than later!

It's pretty crazy the milestones you reach each week or even days sometimes. She has also begun a little baby talk too, this morning it sounded like she was expressing her gas pains, and that is fine I am all ears for her.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it when they start to talk a little bit more. It's so cute!! I'm happy to hear that both you and Brooklynn are doing well after 6 weeks. It's weird to think how quickly life changes. Not too long ago we were sharing a room talking all night long. Now you are up all night feeding a baby and wanting sleep more then anything....haha! It will get better hopefully!

Emily said...

cute! and if you don't want to lose more hair, only lay her down on satin blankets, it doesn't rub it off the way other blankets do. i learned that lesson too late with jaclyn. but it really works, i promise!! keep enjoying all the stages, you'll miss them before you know it!!

KYLE FAMILY said...

6 weeks wow! I think about 6 weeks you usually reach a point where you feel like you'll never get sleep again. You will!
She is a beautiful baby and I've noticed a lot of people think she looks like you but I kind of think she looks more like Jason! or at least a pretty good mix of both of you. I lov eher outfits too! Girls never get boring to dress, kind of hard on the wallet though...
By the way I'm not sure if Dan and Kate are buying out here - one tmie I saw them walking outside the show homes while I was inside talking to the sales person, and the other time I saw them driving around looking at houses and wasn't able to catch their attention.
Anyways, keep up the blog posts! Hpoe to see you all soon!