Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm chunky?

No I wasn't referring to myself there but either way I'm working on it. However, the Nurse said Brooklynn was pleasantly plump today at our 2 month visit. She is in the 86th percentile for weight at her age and in the 50th percentile for height. She is eating very well and breast fed babies are normally high in the weight category before 6 month and then they level out quite nicely.
Brooklynn got her immunizations today as well and has a couple battle wounds on her thighs from the three needles. I couldn't believe how quick they poke them. She was done 3 needles in less than 30 seconds. When they first poked her she was sound asleep and woke up instantly, beat red, and screamed with fury... BUT she cried for about 10 second after all her shots, and instantly went back to sleep in mommy's arms. The nurse was so surprised at how quickly she calmed down. What a big girl :)
I'd also like to add this funny note that the Doctor mentioned to Jason and I that Brooklynn is a quote, unquote, "Stampede Baby". Yes-apparently a lot of people get prego, or knocked around Stampede each year and April is by far the busiest time for babies to be born in Calgary. I'd like to state that Brooklynn was definitely planned, and by no means the result of too much Stampede partying/throwing caution to the wind/possibly mixed with a few too many drinks type of planning. I was rather amused by this statistic.




4 comments:

Megan C said...

I LOVE my chunky neice! I had heard the "Stampede Baby" term too, when I had Abby. Hilarious isn't it?

Elizabeth said...

It's so sad to go give them shots....especially as they get older. What a good girl that she can calm herself so quickly after her shots. She is so cute....chuncky babies are definitely the BEST!

Jen Low said...

That is so funny about the stampede! Suzanne, don't deny it, I'm sure you and Jason were having a hayday in the beer gardens :)

The pictures are really cute - my fav is the second from the bottom. She looks like such a big girl!

Emily said...

she is soo sweet!! i'm so glad her shots weren't a traumatic experience!!! they're harder for the parents that's for sure!! but it's all for their own good! that's really funny about the stampede baby. i guess jaclyn was technically a stampede baby because she was born in April. except for that i haven't even been to the stampede for years!! funny!! haha!!