Friday, October 9, 2009

I believe In MIRACLES

Today started off with me being a little flustered as I was bracing myself for the news I might receive as I went for an ultrasound. 4 1/2 months ago my doctor explained that I would have to have my whole right ovary removed because it had ballooned so big with the cyst attached to it. This had been really hard for me to deal with and I cried at times thinking my ability to have more children decreased 50%, or I was simply losing part of my womanhood too. However I knew it had to be dealt with and the size was quite worrisome (it was as large as Brooklynn's head when she was born!)
My follow up appointment today was to see if the cyst had shrunk at all, and if it would alter the type of operation I'd need to deal with it. When the Tec came back in the room she said the Doctor thought everything looked great. In my head I thought, "what the heck does great mean?", "is it doing just fine, still large, and hanging out on my ovary???" Then she added it's completely disappeared and things are back to normal. I started to cry, and told her how I couldn't believe it, and I was preparing myself to undergo surgery and have my ovary removed next month, and that this was the GREATEST news she could possibly share with me. I'm still in shock. This is the answer to my many prayers, where I told my Heavenly Father that I was leaving this matter in his hands, and that he knew my concerns, but I would have the faith I needed to take care of this and go on with life, having had the surgery if needed.
He gave me my own little miracle today, along with the many he places in my life all the time, but this is an experience that strengthened my testimony for he surely hears and answers our prayers.

6 comments:

Megan C said...

Oh Suzanne! I am practically crying because I am so excited to hear that news! That truly IS a miracle! Now it will be even easier for you to make me more beautiful neices . . . and nephews!

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy for you Suzanne!! When you told me that you were going in for surgery to remove your ovary I was so sad for you! I'm glad that heavenly Father answered your prayers!! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I didn't even know you had that trouble. I am so glad for you that it is over! Thanks for sharing. Its great to hear about wonderful news like this!

Cat and Blake Potter said...

wow I'm so happy for you and your family. It's true sometimes we just go through things to see if we'll have the faith to leave it in Heavenly Father's hands, and you did. Thanks for sharing that!

Amelia and Edmund said...

What a relief for you! Love these moments when it's reconfirmed that Heavenly Father really does know and is aware each of us individually.

Emily said...

oh my goodness, that is amazing! that truly is a miracle! i'm so happy for you!! thanks for sharing that experience, it's very inspiring!