Thursday, October 8, 2009

Love

Today hasn't been a day much different than any other, ran a few errands, cleaning, and tending to Brooklynn as usual, however I feel lately I'm really coming into my role as a mother and the things I do for responsibility now. Sometimes I don't give myself credit for all that I do because I never seemed satisfied with all I get done in the run of the day, like I just don't accomplish enough to feel a sense of gratification with myself most of the time.
At the end of today I was getting Brooklynn ready for bed and I changed somewhere around the 7th diaper of the day, and started to cry a little. NOT because I was upset, or breaking down because this is probably the 3000th diaper I've changed... No. It actually was one of the moments where I felt I crossed over a little further into the role of motherhood, where I understand that I love to do this and take care of my little girl because I love her SO much. I would do anything for her, and I have to admit I don't always take credit for the work I do in the run of a day or week or however long it's been. I tell her I love her all the time, I kiss her, snuggle her and enjoy all her little giggles and smiles, but lately I've witnessed many milestones and she is going to be 6 months old next week. She is growing so fast and is so healthy and taking the moment to ponder that tonight as I wiped her bum really brought tears to my eyes. I'm so proud of her and her accomplishments are my greatest accomplishments. How rewarding it truly is to see how amazing her life has made mine. I'd do ANYTHING for her, I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for letting me care for and enjoy my life with such a little angel. She's the greatest thing to ever happen to me.
It's kind of ironic how changing her diaper brought on such emotion, but it really is moments like that, that I realize the type of service we so easily render from true LOVE.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Suzanne, what a beautiful post! She sure is one of the best things to happen to me too, I can't even begin to describe how happy she makes me!