I'm sorry for all the visiting teaching appointment I have messed up or forgotten about. I'm sorry for standing up my dentist last spring. I'm sorry for missing my roommates baby shower. If you had a birthday in the last year and didn't hear from me when you feel you should have... I'm sorry!
Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself and my absent mind otherwise I will cry more than I already do and live in a bubble or stress and negativity. I just don't put myself first anymore! Well at least rarely. My time is spent on thinking of a baby's schedule, how to manage time to clean my house, get groceries, preparing lessons and activities, feeding my family and anything else that should require my time. And that may not seem like a lengthy list there, but throw in nursing, and messed up/ lack of sleep and it's an intense one at that.
Lately, or the past few days I have had a couple of those lingering "prego brain" moments:
- Got home from the gym and I was trying to dodge muddy puddles in the parking lot as to not soil my clean runners, only to notice I should be wearing my winter boots instead - Yes I walked right past them, leaving them at the lockers on my way out!
- went shopping for my sister's birthday and was trying to find a waffle iron, only I pronounced it affle wiron (Amanda caught that and had a good laugh)
- Was at Superstore yesterday and couldn't find the card aisle?? Searched forever and then gave up.
- Gave Brooklynn a bath last night only to notice when I dunked her in she was still wearing socks!
- Oh and here's a real goodie - went out a week ago and realized I forgot to wear a bra!!! Luckily I wore a sweater... (thanks for the friendly reminder Jen and letting me confide in you with my stupidity)
Those are just a few to mention, and I'm sure I'll be able to add more to this list before the week ends!