Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Little Sister!

We found out about 2 weeks ago, and it's not that I wasn't excited to post about it because I was. It's just that the last 2 weeks have been a blur and in the midst of that we wanted to find a fun and neat way to share the news with our families before going "public".
Our appointment was on July 21st. Initially we had made a card that we wanted to see if the tech would circle or write the gender inside of. This way we had the option of knowing, or just one of us knowing. I was really set on keeping it a surprise, even if at times I thought I couldn't last I still wanted to go for it. So needless to say the tech wouldn't go for our "card idea" Apparently EFW can't do that because as soon as they write anything down it becomes legal. Which I understand but was obviously disappointed.
She was really nice throughout the whole appointment, and apologetic for not being able to do what we hoped for but simply mentioned that most people who wanted it written down, do want to know. In our case Jason REALLY wanted to know.
We had made a deal beforehand that IF we couldn't use the card we would decide in there. When the tech was checking the gender for herself Jason felt over confident that he knew what it was. I couldn't make anything it out for the life of me because it was all so blurry and she didn't zoom in at all. I was leaning towards the thought that we were having a boy because I had a super intense dream that this was a boy only a few nights before which sort of shocked me because I kept thinking, "what do I do if this baby is a boy?" I don't know what it's like to have a son! Not that I didn't want a boy, it's just that I would've had to digest that one a little while, along with plenty of excitement. :)
The neat part was that Jason had a dream the night before the ultrasound and woke up telling me he thought it was a girl. He even dreamt she was called a certain "nickname" to the name that I had been fighting so hard to have for this little girl, he was never very excited about it... So not only was he right about the gender, he decided he really liked that name after it was what he knew her as in his dream -YEEAAH! When he shared this with me it made my heart melt and I don't think it was just a dream he had but maybe some divine revelation!
So there you have it, a family of 4 is in the works and I'm thrilled to have two little sisters that I call daughters. I have a great relationship with my sisters and the thought of me watching Brooklynn and this little girl grow and become best friends is a blessing and opportunity I feel so blessed to be a part of, and Jason too. He is such a wonderful daddy, and if this one if anything like Brooklynn she is SURE to be a daddy's girl also.

2 comments:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

CONGRATS that's great news! Itll be a mini Jen and Suzanne all over again lol. Anyways i'm excited for you, having another little one in the mix makes it busier but even better in so many ways :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys, that is SO exciting! Brooklynn willl LOVE a little sister!