Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Terrific Troll


A week ago my sister Amanda aka Troll, aka Auntie Amanda/ Auntie Troll (she has a few titles around here and Brooklynn knows her by all of them- haha!) took Brooklynn for the WHOLE day. She watched her literally from 9-9. She discovered in that time how much energy, how much she can eat and just how much fun she capable of having and needless to say had some good ol' bonding time with our little princess. Princess, is probably the best title for her considering that day Brooklynn was spoiled rotten by her Auntie! I hope I don't leave anything out as I backtrack the events. It started off by going to Cora's for breakfast-yum! Then they played at Tommy Kay Play, went back to her Auntie's house for lunch and a 3 hour nap that they took together, then she went to Five Guys for dinner, Oh- did I mention she played and ate with all of Amanda's roommates? Well, she did and getting all that sweet attention can make her day like nothing else all on it's own. After Five Guys for dinner she went to IKEA with Amanda and her roommates (we all know IKEA is fun too) than she came back to our house while Jason and I were at our ward Christmas party. She got to play some more, stay up late and then get put to bed.
It was absolutely amazing for Jason and I to have that day off from parental duties to tackle our home and check a ton of stuff off our to do lists (mentioned in previous post).
I had been waiting for Amanda to send me photos she took of their day together so I could dedicate a post to it. Finally, I have them!




Amanda has set the bar pretty high even for myself to compete with. Thanks again for giving her such an awesome day. We can't thank you enough :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

How nice of your sister!! I remember the days taking my nephews and neices out back in the day and just spoiling them!! I wish I had younger siblings to do the same for me and my kids!