Sunday, December 12, 2010

~December~

Ward Christmas Party. Dec 4, 2010 and almost 38 weeks pregnant.
This was a couple nights ago. Random but I'm throwing it in there because it's halarious. This is the worst she's ever been and I gave her cereal before bed because she didn't have a big dinner. Needless to say she had to have a bath and didn't get to bed until way to late!

Here I am Dec 12, 2010. The 10 day countdown (give or take, I KNOW!)

We are slowly but surely checking things off our list(s) to prepare for our baby girl and Christmas. I've really tried to not get overwhelmed and I think it's working better than I thought. I haven't signed myself up for much and with that I've kept my sanity. My biggest battle is cleaning. I have been slowly purging our house the last month. I gave my sister like two garbage bags full of stuff. We've purchased a new couch, which I LOVE, gutted and painted our bedroom. I've been washing and organizing all the baby stuff that I put away too. We've come quite far in a short amount of time, and with all this being done my house is staying(somewhat) a little more organized.
Christmas is small for us this year. My wonderful husbands agreed with me that our couch was our Christmas gift. I feel bad if he's settling for something I wanted most but he's just that sweet. In reality, even though he hasn't out right admitted it to me, I think he's more than happy with that purchase too. He's been able to comfortably host many "gaming nights" on it with his friends. It's a sectional and much more space efficient for our place and it's safe to say he's been able to take advantage of that!
I guess it's time to maybe take some bets as to when this baby will come. I know it might be wishful thinking but I really do think that she will come early. I'm actually going to go ahead and bet/hope she is here on or around the 14th. Yes, that's in two days! My reasons for justifying this is that I have another appointment on the 13th, and they are going to see if they can't stretch me out a bit... (sorry if that sounds graphic) My doctor did it a week ago and when I stood up I was scared to walk. It made that big of a difference right than and there but slowly I felt kind of the same the day after. I've been having random contractions at night and I never had that with Brooklynn, last night they were even painful but I only had 4 or 5. Anyways when I factor all this in AND the fact my baby, according to my last ultrasound is pushing 7lbs or more already it leaves me a little confident that she might debut a lot sooner. I also picked the 14th because Brooklynn was April 14th, maybe that day will be good to me again :)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You are radiant in both your pictures!!! You look fabulous pregnant Suzanne. Literally it just looks so good on you. I hope the little babe comes early too, so you feel a bit more settled when we arrive! I'm so glad you posted pics, I've been checking your blog everyday :)
Love you!
nenny

Jen Low said...

I agree with Jenn, you always make pregnancy look way too good. I might be raiding your maternity closet next time around - hopefully you're still across the hall :)

I'll cross my fingers for the 14th as well! Now go get walking and get that baby coming!

Elizabeth said...

I hope your baby comes Dec 14th too!! So nice to have early if you could. You look SO good!! Beautiful is more the right word to describe you. I'm glad you getting things all settled and not getting so overwhelmed. You need that rest for when that second one comes long. I hope to meet her soon. Good luck! I will be checking you blog and facebook for some news!!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful Suzanne! As far as you asked for bets... I hope for your sake it's the day Jason finishes exams... but my guess is Dec 23 -- then you can bring your babe home on Christmas day! What a beautiful Christmas present for your family this year!!

jjandb said...

Your gorgeous! I want another one...but only if I an look as good as you when I do it ( I think I was the same size as you by week 20...)Hopefully you get your early Christmas gift! I can't wait to see pictures!

(we got a new sectional for christmas this year too...but then I also ordered myself something on etsy...bad bad...)