Friday, June 3, 2011

Jason's Convocation





It was a proud day for Jason and myself. I felt like we were both graduating even though it was only him walking across the stage and receiving his degree. He worked so hard and I felt proud to be by his side during that moment and sharing it with him. It's been quite the little trek getting to this day and I can't believe it's come and gone already.
The day he first started back to school was almost two years ago and I remembering writing a blog for it and it feels like yesterday. However, since that day we've gone through A LOT. To name a few: raising our now two year old- Brooklynn and six month old Alivia ( who was born smack in the middle of finished finals and Christmas!) Watched Jason spend some pretty looong nights that rolled into early mornings while he punched out essays and papers. I remember being HUGELY pregnant, staying up until midnight and writing out q-cards to help him study for his finals (those were the moments I couldn't WAIT for him to graduate!) And sending him off morning after morning with a Pb&J in his lunch box (which he ate sometimes...) He's been so diligent in his hard work. He's made some awesome relationships with people during his education, some valuable networking and really sought every opportunity to learn and gain as much advantage as he could from those around him. Jason continued to make honor role in his last 2 years and even flew to Regina and Reno, Nevada to represent MRU with papers that he wrote. He juggled being a YM's president during this time (and even though they just released him, he left some pretty BIG shoes to fill) I feel like I'm missing a couple other important items to dote about here but either way it would be hard for me to find the exact words to best sum him up. He is just SO fantastic, and I sure do love him! So cheers to checking off a big item on our checklist in life, and the end of a long chapter and begginning of another - exciting times are ahead.
The President of MRU spoke today and his advice and wisdom was simple yet profound... he quoted Yogi Bear, " When you come to a fork in the road, TAKE it!"
I feel like that's where we are together, at a fork with many new adventures and changes and we're moving forward together.




Last but not least I HAVE to give a shout out to my amazing sister who helped me this morning with Brooklynn (she even took work off) and Jen Low for taking Brooklynn to the zoo after so I could stay for the ceremony. You two are the BEST and I sure owe you one!

3 comments:

Jen Low said...

What great family pictures! You guys are such a cute family, one of my favorites actually :)

We had such a fun time at the zoo with Brooklynn, we will take her anytime! You can repay me by making sure that we still see each other lots when we get to that ever nearing "fork in the road"

Cat and Blake Potter said...

What a great post, I love what you said about you feeling like you were walking the stage with him, cause you are a huge part in all of his progress. Congrats to you and your family, enjoy the schooling, I already miss it!!

Jenna Lee said...

yeah jason!!!!
ps. zan you look great in those grad pictures with him.. such a pretty family