Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sumthin has Worked for ME- Finally!

So lets just say I fluctuate in my weight like crazy.  It's not a good range either.   I got bigger in my last pregnancy with Liv and I lost a lot when I started nursing because I had to eat so strictly - this girl had colic at a whole new level compared to Brooklynn!  However, once my baby isn't So sensitive I start to sneak back foods that I have missed and between being so hungry and having to nap a lot because I'm so tired I put on a few again.
Even when I got pregnant with Liv I wasn't liking my weight at the time and I had actually JUST started eating really well and exercising regularly at the gym and was slowly but surly seeing results BUT than I found out I was pregnant! I can't work out when I'm pregnant, I just DON'T have the energy, nor the desire.   I still do a little, like low impact cardio and love walks but my gym membership was a complete waste.
This summer was a write off for me to be able to eat well.  I have a hard time controlling how I eat when I am not organized and in my element.  I was ALL over the place and every summer we spend time out at the cabin I gain like 10 pounds, I HATE it!  So much fat and carbs, candy and sugar everywhere and nothing to do some days when the weather is crappy except EAT.  If I'm bored- I LOVE to snack.  SO I get a little bitter out there thus putting my in a down whirled spiral even more because I am eating for my frustrations.
I haven't been in my own space for 5 months and finally I'm about to move into a home for my family where I can get settled and back on track.  I'm looking forward to it :)
So what did I do to prepare myself for this new chapter of life?  I got ready and I went on a strict diet.  At first it SUCKED I was so hungry but the pounds where shedding instantly and the motivation grew and grew and my body adapted to eating well and it all became pretty simple.   I would get cravings but the thought of weighing less in the morning when I jumped on the scale over ruled.   I kept telling myself things like, "That cookie ISN'T worth it!"  or "Nothing tastes better then gett'n skinnier!"  haha ( I sound SO vain)  But it's what worked for me and I stuck to it.

In a matter of 3 weeks- YES, 3 WEEKS! I have shed over 16 lbs and lost inches everywhere!  I have SO much more energy, I sleep better I'm happier and have a lot of old clothes that I having been longing to get into again back in my wardrobe.

Oh and I CAN'T WAIT to go shopping!!!

5 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job, 16 pounds, I can't imagine you need to lose more than that, you've always looked good to me!
Just make sure you either stick with it or ease into a happy-medium. It's so easy to binge if you deprive yourself too long :( At least that's what I've found. I suck at diets. haha

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and your ability to put your mind to something and "Just do it"!!

Elizabeth said...

Nice work!!! Women sacrafice SO much to have children and one of them unfortunately is weight and body changes!! Good for you for being able to loose that much weight!! Its so not easy to watch what you eat. Have fun shopping in the near future!!

Little A said...

I can relate because I quit smoking 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Its so psychological. I say things to myself too when I'm tempted like "don't restart your count, its so gross, its going to kill you." I love how determined you are, but seriously you're gorgeous. :) Miss you soo much xoxo