Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Dino Day in Drumheller

Before Jason got his internship with NWC this summer he had been doing some odd jobs; renos, and bounce house deliveries for the most part.  It was a pretty sweet hook-up for a family with kids.  We sure have had our fair share of bounce house fun this summer, however one day of bounce house deliveries brought us out to Drumheller for the day.  We went to the Royal Tyrrell Museum - the girls and I have never been there before!  We also spent the whole day there which gave us the opportunity to check out some cool events that were on, and other exhibits.  I still can't believe how dinosaur-crazy that town is.   There are seriously dino statues everywhere!! Some are little, abstract, big, realistic or even HUMONGOUS!!  Yes. Drumheller lays clain to the largest dinosaur statue in the world- pretty impressive!
 We got a brand new camera for Christmas (which I love) but with my limited experience thus far and a dark museum...well, some of the pictures are a little blury.  My sister/ photographer helped me learn a thing or two since :)




 A makeshift bed for Little Livy to nap in. I wish she fell asleep!


 I love this picture!

 Brooklynn thought she had lost us a minute before this picture was taken (we were only 5 feet behind her)  she got a little emotional.





It's hard for me to think this type of landscap and scenary is in Canada.  It's so beautiful and unique in it's own way.  Makes me feel grateful to live in such a huge diverse country.
World's Largest Dinosaur

  It was challenging at times to keep the girls there all day, especially Alivia- who still needs her nap but we made it work and it was nice to have the whole day with Jason because he is seriously SO busy these days!

No comments: