Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Preschool!

Did it really creep up that quickly?  I always thought it was so cute when other moms would post the "back pack" photos of their kids just before they are out the door to go to school.  Did I really take those types of photos this morning?! Yup! I sure did :)
 Brooklynn in my mind is a prime candidate for preschool.  Lately I just don't feel cut out for what her little sponge-brain wants to learn.  I never thought too hard about preschool until some of my friends were enrolling their kids, and after qualifying for a subsidy is was almost a "no-brainer".  As time crept up and we got closer to the school year starting I was more and more exctied for her and grateful we went for it!

 Showing off her new backpack! 




 I kept telling Brooklynn that she didn't need to be shy and that she would have a friend in her class (Charlotte) .  They almost seemed hesitant today when they saw eachtoher and when I picked her up she said, " mom, I met new friends today! I met 5 boys (she was nervous about boys being in her class) and Charlotte and Ashley."  I know it was a big day for both of them so she may have seemed a little confused.  I'm so happy they have another activity to share.  I just hope they don't ever forget the bond they started so early in life  :)

And last but not least, some hugs for her little sister :)
So proud of you Brooklynn!! xox

2 comments:

Jen Low said...

Brooklynn and Charlotte's relationship is so unique, they have had so many firsts together! While you were taking pictures of them at preschool, I started getting pretty tender inside thinking of all the things they've already shared together in their short lives, and likewise, all the things I've shared with you since we were hall-mates back in the day. Fast foward 3.5 years later and they are in the same preschool class?? Hope you know how much you and your little family mean to me!

jenn said...

I just bought that outfit in a size 3 for Ella (it was on clearance now...) and then looking at these pictures I realize that I will blink and baby Ella will be wearing it to preschool before I know it! Brooklyn looks like such a big girl!