4 Things Tag
4 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. I was living in Ottawa ON, and I was half way through grade 8.
2. I had a ton of Sun-In in my hair so it was my first attempts in changing my hair colour. It was a nasty copper colour. (You must remember when Sun-In was all the rage!)
3. I played volleyball and soccer this year and had a big crush on a boy named Graham Parker. My best friend became Ainsley Donahue in grade eight and man oh man we were trouble together! This was a very dramatic school year...
4. My family announced that we were going to have a new baby brother. This was very startling for me at the time, but he inevitably brought an immense amount of joy and even thought he's younger and didn't fit in with all the older kids, he kept us young at heart and we love him dearly.
4 things on my list to do today:
1. Go home and make dinner.
2. Shower and get ready to see Twilight!
3. Work on a Christmas present I am making that has got me in way over my head and has a deadline of tonight!
4. Get to bed early enough so I can make it to work tomorrow morning on time and function on the 6 hours of sleep I am going to get. That isn't so easy to do when you are pregnant...
4 things i love about my husband:
1. OH boy where do I start.... I admire first and foremost his patience. I came home yesterday after a super rough day at work and I was frustrated with a lot. He always comes to me, hugs me, and tries to calm my emotions so we can have peace in our home. I want this to but I am very emotional and put that into situations that would be better dealt with simple reasoning. He sees things for what they really are and always helps me see both sides of the story. I am so grateful for that.
2. He is soo giving. At times I am selfish and want him at home more but he is always running off to give a helping hand, teaching with the missionaries, giving his advice or expertise to anyone. The other day he worked on someone’s wedding slideshow who he barely even knew. He just sympathizes when he knows a great and efficient way to do something, and would love to share his knowledge and skills to anyone and never want anything in return. I really don't feel like Jason and I have much, but we are blessed for what we have and he often reminds me "Where much is given, Much is required" He truly loves to serve and I know he really developed that love while on his mission, but it's also just part of who he is.
3. His personality. He may have known someone for only a matter of minutes and he's ready to makes them feel welcome in any scenario, and most of all make them feel comfortable. He loves to make people laugh, and to me that is such an admirable quality.
4. His smile. Not only how he lights up but his eyes too. He has such a handsome smile and twinkling green eyes. I just think he's so stunning!
4 jobs I've had:
1. My very first job was at the Ottawa Athletic Club. I watched kids in the daycare while their parent's worked out. It was fun but I quit because the commute was so far away.
2. Aldo - I worked there for years, during high school and after. I eventually became an Assistant Manager before I headed back to school. Good times for the most part but it's hard for me to pay full price for shoes there now. I miss the 50% discount!!!!!
3. Earl's restaurant. This was my first time serving, and I'll never do it again. The lifestyle in a restaurant can be pretty shady and there is a lot of drama. It was fun at times but the shifts were very draining and stressful.
4. Medialogic Inc. I am here right now but only for a couple more months. I have enjoyed this job a lot at times, and other times I have hated it. It's a small company and doesn't have systems, and the right amount of people to do things... I won't miss being here that's for sure.
4 Movies I have seen more than once:
2. Romeo and Juliet
3. Prince of Egypt
4 places I've lived: I'll do this by geographic location (from East to West and in between)
1. The Maritimes (Gander, NFLD and Moncton, NB)
2. Ottawa and Toronto ON.
3. Richmond, BC
4. Calgary AB
I have moved so much in my life. I think that explains why I get a little stir crazy after being in one city for a couple years. I am ready to move and try something new!
4 places I've been:
1. U.S. (Utah, California, Ohio, Upstate New York and few others)
2. Roatan, Honduras
4. All over Canada
4 places I want to visit: Asia, Australia, Micronesia, and Africa. That list goes on and on though.
4 T.V. shows I watch:
2. Big Brother
3. The Office
4. So You Think You Can Dance Canada
4 things you may not know about me:
1. I have a little orange triangle in one of my eyes, sometimes it is very noticeable. I drank orange drink at a church function once and got it all over my face (I was about 5 yrs old) and I thought it stained my eyeball. My mom explained to me that it is just a birthmark in my eye.
2. I can blow spit bubbles off my tongue. Gross but kind of cool!
3. I used to have my tongue pierced, crazy I know. I'll admit I did it for attention.
4. I had bleach blond hair through most of high school, wore skate shoes, and huge pants that you could fit two sets of legs into. I didn't just think I was cool, it was cool!
4 People I tag: 1. Megan Comin, Amy Patterson, Catherine, and Katie K. And anyone else who wants to do this! Thanks Jess!