Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ward Christmas Party

I wonder how she will act towards Santa next year? I witnessed two extremes from other kiddies full of uncontainable joy and excitement, or tears and screaming.















As much as I enjoyed it, I am soo glad it's over! I am on the activities committee, and when it comes to Christmas and planning the party, stress is instantly on the rise. I didn't have to do as much work this year as last year because they cut me some slack having a baby and all, hee hee I love getting that type of sympathy. Babies can be the greatest excuses sometimes when you can't make it/ are too tired to go to a meeting or something- haha! Well I would always get minutes over the phone instead of actually having to drive to someones house. I was seriously never able to make them because they held them when I'd be feeding Brooklynn and putting her to bed while Jason was still at a YM's activity or something, so it wasn't really my fault either...
Funny, I was watching Dawson's Creek today (random I know) and Dawson's mother said you're trying to hard to make excuses for something when you end up using more than one excuse. Oh I do feel guilty, there the truth is out! But I put forth my best effort in fulfilling my task of putting together the program and I was very happy with how it turned out. All was well and our little family really enjoyed it. And any mother who has/ had a little baby girl will tell how fun it is to take them out in a cute fancy dress to show them off. I did exactly that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute you guys! What a good looking family! Hope to see you guys at Christmas sometime!

Elizabeth said...

I love Brooklynn's dress! Santa is a scary man.....at least you got a smile out of her this year...don't expect much next year!