Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope everyone enjoyed their Holidays, we sure did. I've been brainstorming some noble goals that I would like the set for 2010 but have failed to solidify anything as of yet... There's always the obvious ones like losing weight, getting in shape, develop talents etc.. and I would like to improve in those areas for sure, but I'm trying to think of something unique, beneficial and rewarding. I'll keep you posted on that...

2009 in a Glimpse:

- prepared for the arrival of our first child most of February and March
- officially went on maternity leave March 28, 2009 and spent my last and final day @ Medialogic (HALLELUJAAAAAAAAAAH!)
- Amanda moved to the Hamlet spot from Ottawa in February and has been here since
- had a beautiful baby shower, hosted by my sisters and Lindsay
- welcomed Brooklynn Mary Lee into our lives April 14th @ 10:43am
- had all my family here to visit and attend Brooklynn's blessing
- have enjoyed learning the roped of motherhood ever since
- went to the cabin in July
- had fun wake boarding and tubing with friends and family
- Jason lit his legs on fire (2nd degree burns)
- flew home in August to visit my family in Ottawa with Brooklynn
- discovered that flying solo with a baby is a lot of work
- went to Montreal with my family
- really enjoyed spending time and relaxing with them
- while I was there Jason ran a 10km marathon with his sister Megan and his time was just over an hour!
- in August the three of us went to Invermere for a little family vacation at Nana and Papa's love nest
- Jason started school at Mount Royal University in September
- Halloween and thanksgiving were great times with family and I remember them being an insanely busy time of the year...
- Christmas came really fast and left even quicker
- boxing day we flew out to Houston to embarke on a vacation in Jamaica with Jason's family (17ppl) this was QUITE the journey getting there, and even more so for Megan's family but it was a great get-a-way for us all and we made many wonderful memories
- we celebrated the New Year as Beaches Boscobel Resort and watched a time capsule video that Jason's family made in 1999, and made another to watch in 10 years
- went horse back riding in the ocean
- snorkeling (saw two sting rays, a flounder and a puffer fish)
- climbed Dunns River Falls
- and went tubing down a river

Those are just some highlights, Jamaica will be in it's own official post soon.

I must say a lot happened in 2009 and it was a memorable year for us, I'm looking forward to 2010, we have a new nephew on the way near the end of March and look forward to meeting him and any other excitement coming our way :)

Happy New Year :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like the year 2009 was gret for you!! Hearing stuff like swimming makes me miss summer and I am so jealous that you were just somewhere hot! Can't wait to hear about your vacation with the Lee family!

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys, sad we didn't get to see you! Glad you had fun on your trip though! I am debating flying solo with Summer but I'm nervous, it seems like a lot of work!