Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alivia

The day she came home from the hospital.
Finally have my baby in my arms.
This was the day I came home from the hospital. I was just having a long awaited "Brooklynn fix"
I put the water bottle beside her so I could remember just how little she was. She was seriously SO tiny. I think she is only 3 or 4 days old here.
Sisterly love.
This was the outfit we brought her home in from the hospital. It doesn't fit her anymore-already!

3 weeks old!
Mom and her girls.

Such a little lady.

They chunk out pretty quick over here. We changed her nickname from "Slim" to "Squirt".
Brooklynn trying to sneak in for a quick "cheese" Alivia is almost 4 weeks old here.

Oh boy it's hard to blog when you are the you have a newborn and a 21 month old! Alivia continues to be a little sweetheart, and wonderful little baby. She likes to go to bed a little late though and we are trying to shift her a little earlier... I can't shake a 1am bedtime for some reason? Oh and she likes to stay awake and be the fussiest when Brooklynn takes her nap. I have had to drag her in bed with me lately and just hold a binky in her mouth so I can take a little break in the mid day. Sometimes I get some much needed shut eye, and other times just a little break from being on my feet. Like I said, we're working on it. Otherwise she is a pretty chill and happy little baby who likes to sleep and eat really well the rest of the day and night.
It's a joy having her in our home and Brooklynn is adjusting a lot better. It was a little hard on her the first while and she would act out/ be jealous when I would nurse Alivia. Brooklynn would try to climb onto the nursing pillow and wedge herself between Alivia and I, she would even hit now and then. We've realized that she needs a lot more positive attention, and if we ask if she is in need of cuddles or hugs (we replaced ineffective time-outs with this) her demeanor changes almost instantly. She becomes pretty lovey-dovey and showers us with kisses, especially Alivia. So, so far that's been a really positive remedy.
Alivia has been growing like a little weed and changing everyday. I still have so many more photos to add to. I'm hoping I can keep up with it as I just try to keep up with life lately.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

SHe is adorable!! I also have to say that you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You hair is long and gorgeous and just looking at your face in the pictures you just have a certain beautiful glow about you.

It's hard to get everyone napping at the same time so you can have a nap too. Scheduling was always so hard for me. I hope they both let you have your down time once an awhile. Other than that, things seems like they are going good. I hope I get to meet your new little one soon. Miss ya!

ps. I love Brooklynns new bear. So sweet of her Aunt to do that for her!!

Lisa said...

Oh she is so cute!! The picture of Alivia by the water bottle is crazy! She was so tiny!! I can't believe how fast they grow. I see her everyday and I feel like she changes all the time!!

Jen Low said...

I agree with Lisa, the water bottle puts it into perspective of how tiny she was!

All those pictures are so cute and I especially love those ones at the end with "mom and her girls" that is adorable! Alivia's ballerina dress it irresistable :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness -- Alivia has changed soooo much already -- she is GORGEOUS Suzanne!! :)

If there's one thing I know about you, it's how in tune you are with your babies needs -- you were INCREDIBLE with reading Brookynn's cues, and I'm sure you are the exact same with Alivia. I have no doubt it will only be a matter of days (maybe a couple weeks) before She figures out her sleep schedule and you get some much deserved afternoon nap time! :)

Love you TONS! Can't wait to see you and the girlies again in a couple weeks!

jenn said...

Beautiful Suzanne! The girls, you, your family...just beautiful!

ps- You look so much like your mom!