Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Baby is 2!






I've said this time and time again but I've been thinking it over and over lately... I can't believe my Brooklynn is already 2 years old, and yet I can't believe she's only been a part of my life for 2 years. It seems like she's becoming so grown up and on the other hand a mere two years isn't much at all... Then I go back to my greater understanding of life and relationships we have with one another, especially family and I know without a doubt that Brooklynn and I have been a part of eachother's lives MUCH longer than two years and that we will be together forever and for that I am SO grateful for. She is such a beam of sunshine in our life/ family. Her personality and smiles are infectious and her laughter and zest for life melts our hearts and sure makes her daddy and I a pair of happy parents.
I struggle sometimes knowing I mess up as a mom and don't always do things the way I should or as best I could but I just want Brooklynn to know that I can't possibly imagine my life without her nor would I ever want to. She gave me the greatest gift I could possibly ask for and that was the opportunity to become a mommy. She's been a trooper handling me and all my quirks as a mom. She's even a BIG sister now and is absolutely amazing at giving hugs and kisses and showing love to little Alivia. She is wonderful at helping us take care of her too. I'm just so proud.
I'm not sure Brooklynn understood the concept of making a "birthday wish" but if I had a wish for you Brooklynn it would be that you never ever doubted how wonderful, divine and precious you are and that no one would ever have you think otherwise. I know in this life there's a lot to discourage or try to make you think you might not be all of the above BUT you are! And we love you SOOOO much! Happy Birthday Sweetheart, xox

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She is adorable!!! I love this age but at the same time it's such a challenge!! I hope she had a great birthday.

Jenna Lee said...

ohh Happy Birthday Brooklynn!!! I really wish we lived closer, I love looking at pictures of your little girls!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brooklynn! I teared up as I read your Mom's sweet message and wish for your birthday! You are such a lucky girl to have such loving and caring parents!! :) LOVE YOU!