Saturday, April 9, 2011

40 Day Challenge

I gave myself the challenge of going a whole month without any junk food (cookies, cake, ice cream, any dessert, granola bar, fruit snack)- you get it!
I'd been itching Jason for a certain "purchase" in our near future... and he said that I should give myself a challenging but attainable goal to deserve it. This was the ABSOLUTE best way for me to start this goal. Just knowing there might be a reward in the end was worth it entirely, it was my focus and it was what kept me going. I've never really started a diet/ healthier eating challenge this way before and now know why I continued to fail over and over.
My challenge went pretty well. I'll admit that I licked some melted chocolate off my finger when Jason and Amanda were dipping strawberries and pretzels in it-- they didn't make it very easy sometimes to hold back (grrrrrr!) Jason would offer me "crap" quite frequently. In hindsight I'm glad he tested me here and there. It helped me strengthen my will power/ self discipline. Originally I was only go to go the month of March but because I wanted to push myself and makeup for licking chocolate off my finger I went an extra 9 days, thus being my "40 day challenge". Our Stake President suggested we all do a challenge at that length for a goal in the New Year. I'm happy to say, "I did it!"
Today was my first day off and I treated myself to a Fudgee-O after lunch (wish I didn't now). I have to continue though, I don't want to slip backwards from how far I've come. That being said, I lost 6 pounds!
Now I just need some nicer weather to come our way and I can get outside and go for some good long stroller walks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so AWESOME Suzanne -- that took so much will power, and I'm really proud of your self control and determination. Definitely Inspiring! :)

Elizabeth said...

WAY TO GO!! THat takes some REAL will power!! I have also started a 60 day challange for myself and it's SO hard!! However, reading your blog hs motivated me even more. So thanks and Congrats!!