Friday, August 5, 2011

Living in the Moment


 Am I the only one who to often wants to jump to the next phase or accomplishment to feel achieved or a sense of happy accomplishment?

I feel like I let my happiness idle to often or assume it will REALLY take off when we are done this phase of life and Jason and I can finally take a vacation, move into a bigger house, go on MORE dates, or when I enjoy my children differently, ie: are older and more capable... To better explain:

I just finished changing Alivia's diaper (I just realized I had a similar epiphany changing Brooklynn's diaper once). I sat her up on the couch when I was done and she was staring at me wearing a messy sleeper and a squishy smile or expression that seemed to say, "thanks mom I feel a lot better now". I couldn't help but grab her and squeeze her in my arms. I am ACTUALLY going to miss changing her diapers one day. Not in the literal sense... but in a way where I miss her depending on me soo much and being so vulnerable ,innocent and so darn tiny and cute! She will grow up one day and although I have so much to look forward to when she decides to take off to different stages of her life, I will miss this- THIS moment.

I have so much to be grateful for as I trip around baby toys most of the day and lug heavy car seats to the van when we go somewhere. As tough as it is sometimes and the fact it doesn't always seem too exciting, I know I'll long for it when my house is a lot cleaner or more quiet and I run most of my errands alone. I sure am lucky to have two precious little girls and I want to be more mindful throughout the day that my life is soo amazing because of them. I hope I can take my time more as a mom and appreciate living in the moment more often. I have soo many cute and precious moments to smile at and enjoy through the run of the day and I feel as if the world would want a mom or other women to think that you can't keep up with everything else in a situation like mine. I just have to keep my priorities in check, and know that I can ALWAYS make time for what is most important. If for some reason I can't - I need to check my priorities again ;) So here's to me trying to remember and practice living in the moment a lot more ofter.