Friday, July 9, 2010

26?

Oh boy, just round me up to 30 already! I sure feel like I'm getting that much older all too quickly but hey- I have so much to be thankful that have filled my last 26 years of life with some of the most amazing moments, memories and experiences. I think it's just how tired, and uncomfortable I've been lately that made the approach of 26 not so exuberant, and not to mention I'll be called a "cougar" for the next four months or so until he is also 26-ridiculous! As silly as he is I love Jason so much and he has tried once again to give me a special day to remember. We ended up heading out to BC on my birthday with a last minute invite out to the Allred's cabin. The night before we left I opened my birthday gift from him at midnight, and then the following evening we were able to sneak off to the "Shark Shack" for a little dinner together. It was nothing fancy except for the fact it's a houseboat restaurant, anchored in the middle of the Shuswap, so that was neat. Any chance we have to spend time together is great, and we were thankful to have babysitters for the occasion.

We head back to Calgary this afternoon and the plan is to have a small family/friends gathering for birthday celebrations, which I am looking forward to, I haven't seen much of my sister's lately and it'll be good to do that.

Our summer picked up a very fast pace recently and I'm looking forward to getting home and unwinding for a second before it picks up again. Since Jenna's wedding we've had multiple family activities, fun times with friends, and the dealing with a family crisis. Many of you have heard of Uncle Brant's accident, and we're faithfully praying for an optimistic recovery from him. If you would like to know details be sure to search the "Brant Bennion Recovery" page on facebook.

I have soo many photos to upload that I'm overwhelmed with it so it still may take some time. The wedding, reception, Butterfield Acres, Spray Parks, Sundance lake, the cabin and more in between. Photos will be coming soon in a massive picture post, I promise :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good one!! I love how Jason took you out for dinner on a house boat! Too fun!!