Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alivia rolled over!

Alivia is 5 months and 4 days old. She's probably a little older than some babies when they roll for the first time but this little girl has spent a lot of time in her mommy's arms :) Alivia has been a little "sensitive" for the past few months and being held upright facing outward in my arms or anyone's arms was the only was she'd relax most of the time. I had to stop breastfeeding her and now I pump instead. It's nice to be able to monitor how much milk she's actually getting. My milk supply had depleted recently. because she would be so fussy with gas pains while I would nurse her. She would get so upset being held in my arms and would swallow a lot of air in between crying and re-latching all the time. It was SO frustrating! Over time with her not feeding well and not being able to eat enough milk and I lost a fair amount.
Anyways we've found peace with this solution and it's working thus far really well. She can hold her own bottle like a big girl too.
I've been wondering when she might roll. She spends a good amount of time on play-mats but she is too busy grabbing her feet or the toys that hang above her to even think about it. One of her nicknames is pretzel because she pulls her feet up so high to suck on them, it's pretty cute. Needless to say I've been a little too trusting when I lay her down on some surfaces, especially the bathroom counter... Today I had her on there while I was helping Brooklynn with the potty and we went to get some wipes and I just left her there laying on a towel. When I came back I found her half in the bathroom sink. Her butt and legs were in it and her arms and head where on the counter. I was so surprised to see her like that and she wasn't even crying. I laid her perpendicular to the floor (thank goodness) but for the future I won't leave her unattended on a counter anymore!

No comments: