Sunday, May 29, 2011

We're Trained!

When I say "we're" I really do mean it in the plural sense. I had to be potty trained too. It was daunting but more brief than I imagined- in the end what a wondrous thing we've laid claime to over here-- that we use a Potty!
I am in love with this new phase of life and wish I did it earlier. I am amazed at how quickly she "got it" and although it seemed like a disgusting (at times) mountain to climb- the view at the top is amazing!!! Brooklynn now wanders over to her potty all the time, pullS down her pants, panties and just goes! I love it!! We are still working on the "poo-poo" moments. Those are a little more dramatic because she holds it (it is amazing how long they can hold it at times) when she is close to REALLY having to go she will go back and forth to the potty ten times (asking for assistance) before actually going. She may need to watch Calliou for a bit too. It seems to relax/ distract her from thinking about the urge to go and holding it in and because of that she goes easier and quicker. So we are working on #2... but a little coaxing here and there sure beats changing stinky diapers.
She loves to carry her little tray of waste to the bathroom toilet, dump it, and flush it down while waving "bye bye". Then we put a sticker on her chart and she gets a small reward (candy). Don't worry mom, we haven't given her FULL ice cream sandwiches again :)



Back to what I said earlier about "we're trained". Meaning I had to teach myself to be patient, thorough and to remember to ask, ask and ask her if she had to go, AND remind her of the consequences. Today at church she went to nursery for the first time in panties. We talked to Sis. Rush and she was very understanding and excited for her. I gave her Brooklynn's potty seat in a bag in case she had to go and Brooklynn DID ask to go and went like a big girl. She also went poo poo this morning and said it looked like a "snake".





Anyways it's done, she's doing great and I'm so happy.




HOORAY FOR BIG GIRLS IN PANTIES !!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yay!! Good job Brooklynn and you Suzanne! Potty training is the worse but you do certainly feel like you are super mom when you finally get your child to get the hang of it and go pottty.

Lisa said...

A snake? Hahaha so funny!! And her hair is hilarious in that picture. Having witnessed the Potty Training Bootcamp I can see why she learned it so well and she's a pretty smart cookie too!

Anonymous said...

Horray for Brooklynn -- hahaha -- hearing how she's running back and forth 10 times before pooping reminds me of Treyden and our trip to Tommy K Play!! haha, so funny. Potty Boot Camp will tell you that #2 takes a little more time to master, I am soooo sooo proud of that little girl! She is a potty training all-star! :) (and her Mom did not so bad herself!) LOVE YOU and can't wait to play again soon!

Jemaica said...

Way to go! I'm thinking I need to jump on board with Piper. Haha I wish. This was a cute yet slightly disturbing quote... her taking her "waste" to the toilet and the snake comments threw me off a little hahaha. LOVE YOU